HeTy – Helsinki Association for the Unemployed is a non-profit association that supports and advises the unemployed. The main purpose of the association is to reduce the problems caused by unemployment. HeTy is a member of the Finnish National Organization of the Unemployed – TVY.
Becoming a member
If all items on the following list describe you, you can become a member.
- at least 15 years old
- a Finnish citizen or you have a status as a Finnish resident
- you are unemployed*
The membership fee is 6€ (cash) per year. Please come and fill in the membership form in our office at
Nokiantie 2-4, 3rd floor, 00510 Helsinki Please note: HeTy is moving from Vallila to Katajanokka. This page will be updated after the premises are officially open.
*Unemployed jobseeker, suspended without pay, people working a shortened working week, people in employment training, people employed with employment funds (Kela or trade union documentation needed).
At the HeTy Cafeteria you can:
- Have breakfast porridge for free, weekdays 8:30-10.00
- Have a reasonably priced lunch in our canteen, and even get a discount for being a member. Check out our weekly lunch menu via Palvelut -> Lounas
- Read daily newspapers and popular magazines
- Have coffee or tea
- Meet other unemployed persons
- Discuss and exchange experiences
Free of charge services
- Free computer practice room with multiple computers and internet access weekdays 8:00-16.00
- Use of the library
- Have a health check once a month by The Finnish Red Cross Volunteers (Punainen Risti)
- A chance to use sewing machines, overlockers, ironing equipment
Chairperson and training co-ordinator: Maija Makkonen, 0442127316
Executive Manager: Anna-Maria Kantola, 0449820820, email@example.com
Actual members: Pirkko Kyckling, Maija Makkonen, Ritva Mömmö, Harri Pärnänen, Pentti Peltola, Tero Rico, Eija Somero, Heidi Vattulainen.
Deputy members: Sirpa Hilander, Jari Marno, Ilkka Salonen, Sari Siimes