HeTy – Helsinki Job Channel is a non-profit association that supports and advises the unemployed. The main purpose of the association is to reduce the problems caused by unemployment. HeTy is a member of the Finnish National Organization of the Unemployed – TK ry.
Becoming a member
If all items on the following list describe you, you can become a member.
- must be at least 15 years old
- you are a Finnish citizen or you have a status as a Finnish resident
- you are unemployed*
The membership fee is 6€ (cash) per year. Please come and fill in the membership form in our office at Sörnäisten rantatie 31, 00500 Helsinki.
*Unemployed jobseeker, suspended without pay, people working a shortened working week, people in employment training, people employed with employment funds (Kela or trade union documentation needed).
At the HeTy Cafeteria you can:
- Have a reasonably priced lunch in our canteen, and even get a discount for being a member.
- Read daily newspapers and popular magazines
- Have coffee or tea
- Meet other unemployed persons
- Discuss and exchange experiences
Free of charge services
- Free computer practice room with multiple computers and internet access weekdays 8:00-16.00
- Use of the library
- Have a health check once a month by The Finnish Red Cross Volunteers (Punainen Risti)
- A chance to use sewing machines, overlockers, ironing equipment
Chairperson and training co-ordinator: Maija Makkonen, 044 212 7316
Executive Manager: Anna-Maria Kantola, 044 982 0820, firstname.lastname@example.org
Board members: Maija Makkonen, Heidi Ijäs, Meerit Kuparinen, Pirkko Kyckling, Pentti Peltola, Satu Juutilainen, Petri Toivanen, Ilkka Salonen.
Deputy members: Jarmo Luoto, Tuomas Jokipii.